- Top-of-the-line digital caliper. Solar type caliper with no battery and IP67 protection assures waterproof reliability.
- With no annoying origin restoration necessary, a measurement can be started any time and there is no restriction on operating speed.
- The impact resistance of the display unit has been increased for improved usability in workshop conditions.
- Waterproof function makes this Super Caliper suitable for use in an environment containing large amounts of cutting fluid or coolant. Operability is equivalent to the mechanical type caliper.
- This SuperCaliper uses components that do not contain harmful substances and is compatible with RoHS Directives.
- Slider operation is smooth and comfortable.
|500-776||0 – 150mm||with data output||180g|
|500-777||0 – 200mm||210g|
|500-774||0 – 150mm||w/o data output||180g|
|500-775||0 – 200mm||210g|
|500-786||0 – 6″||with data output||180g|
|500-787||0 – 8″||210g|
|500-784||0 – 6″||w/o data output||180g|
|500-785||0 – 8″||210g|
|0 – 150mm/0 – 6″||16.5||21||13||40||16||233|
|0 – 200mm/0 – 8″||20||24.5||16.5||50||16||290|
Jaw thickness: 3.5mm
(Dedicated for the models equipped with a digimatic output function (Code No. 500-776, 500-777, 500-786 and 500-787)) For details, refer to page D-39.
- Connecting cables for IT/DP/MUX* 05CZA624: SPC cable with data button (1m) 05CZA625: SPC cable with data button (2m)
- USB Input Tool Direct
06ADV380A: SPC cable for USB-ITN-A (2m)
- Connecting cables for U-WAVE-T
02AZD790A: SPC cable for U-WAVE with data button (160mm)
02AZE140A: SPC cable for foot switch
* Cannot be used for other than water resistant type Digital calipers with external output function.
About the charge function (SuperCaliper)
The minimum illumination required in the uncharged state is 60lux.
As shown in the table ‘JIS Z 9110 Artificial Illumination Intensity Standard’, this SuperCaliper can be used with confidence in a normal work environment.
The charge function allows the operator to use the SuperCaliper without interrupting work even if the ambient illumination is temporarily insufficient.
- In the fully charged state this SuperCaliper can operate for approximately one hour in an environment of 50lux illumination (less than the minimum necessary illumination intensity).
- The time necessary for full charge varies according to the charging If the SuperCaliper is left unused in an illumination of 500 lux (usual for manufacturing environments), it takes approximately one hour to reach full charge.
IP67 protection level
Level 6: Dust-proof.
No ingress of dust allowed.
Level 7: Protected against water penetration.
Ingress of water in quantities causing harmful effects shall not be possible when the enclosure is temporarily immersed to a depth of 1 meter in water under standardized conditions of pressure and time (30 min.).
Resolution: 0.01mm or .0005″/0.01mm Accuracy: ±0.02mm (excluding quantizing error) Repeatability: 0.01mm
Quantizing error: ±1 count Dust/Water protection level: IP67* Power supply: Solar cell**
Scale type: ABSOLUTE electromagnetic induction linear encoder
Max. response speed: Unlimited
* This model is not waterproof type. Therefore, rustproofing shall be applied after use.
** Can be used continuously above 60lux ambient illumination.
Origin-set: Absolute origin position can be changed.
Alarm: Error message is displayed and measurement
functions become inoperative if:
- Tool is turned on when both illumination and charging voltage are insufficient.
- Main unit is extremely polluted and miscalculation occurs in the display unit.
Air leak test equipment for water resistance inspection
Generally, an air leak test is adopted for evaluating water resistance.
Procedure: Place the measuring tool inside the capsule and seal it. Then fill the capsule and the test chamber with air at the required pressure and close the isolating valves. If there is no leak in the measuring tool, the differential pressure sensor will read zero, because the amount of air inside the test chamber is unchanging. However, if there is a leak in the measuring tool, the differential pressure sensor will show a non-zero reading due to a decrease in pressure inside the test chamber as air leaks into the tool. By detecting this differential pressure, GO/NG judgment for the severity of the leak is performed. This air leak test is performed for all ABS coolant proof calipers and coolant proof micrometers.
Air leak test equipment for ABS coolant proof caliper