- Solar powered An environmentally friendly measuring instrument that does not require batteries, eliminating the hassle and cost of battery replacement. Can operate under minimum light conditions of 40 lux—lower than the level in a warehouse.
- Built-in recharger The large-capacity built-in reservoir capacitor allows you to use the indicator for long periods of time under light conditions below the minimum level.*
- User-friendly buttons All functions can be accessed by using the two or three large buttons on the front of the indicator.
- Origin recorded even if display disappears. The indicator includes an ABS (absolute) sensor that allows the previously set origin to be restored even if the display disappears due to insufficient light, making it easy to resume measurement. This feature makes ID-SS ideal for long-time or multi-point measurement.
* Quantizing error of ±1 count is excluded.
Note 1: Dimensions of the inch (ANSI/AGD Type) dial indicator partly differ from those of the metric (ISO/JIS Type) indicator.
Note 2: Inch (ANSI/AGD Type) dial indicators are provided with a stem of 3/8″ dia. and #4-48UNF thread mount for the contact point.
Display: 6-digit LCD and sign
Scale type: ABSOLUTE electrostatic linear encoder
Measuring force: 1.5 N or less
Usable positions: All
Power supply: Solar battery (for indoor use)
Minimum Operating light: 40 lux
Note: A built-in reservoir capacitor allows a fully charged
ID-SS to be used for about 3.5 hours under light conditions below the minimum level.
The charging time differs depending on the environment, but it usually takes about 1.5 hours for a fully discharged
ID-SS to fully recharge under light conditions of 500 lux.
Maximum response speed: No limit (scan-type measurement is not supported)
Stem dia: 8mm (ISO/JIS type) or 3/8″(ANSI/AGD type)
Origin set (zero-set)
Count direction switching
inch/mm conversion (inch/mm models)
Alarm: Counting value composition error
Insufficient illumination intensity or change
Lifting lever No.21EZA198 (ISO/JIS/DIN Type),
No.21EZA199 (ASME/ANSI/ AGD Type)
Lifting knob No.21EZA105 (ISO/JIS/DIN Type),
No.21EZA150 (ASME/ANSI/ AGD Type)
Lifting cable (No. 540774)
- SPC Cable:
- USB Input Tool Direct (2m) : 06ADV380F
- Connecting Cables for U-WAVE-T (160mm):
For footswitch 02AZE140F
Refer to page F-60 for details.
- Digimatic Mini-Processor DP-1VR: 264-504
- Contact points for Mitutoyo’s dial indicators
(Refer to pages F-51 to F-54 for details.)
Interchangeable backs for 2 series
(Refer to page F-55 for details.)
- Measuring stands (Refer to page F-79 to F-85 for details.)
- ID-SS can be used in standard work environments.
The following is excerpted from JIS Z9110:2010 General rules of recommended lighting levels; 5.4 Factories:
|Luminance (lux)||Location (permissible work)|
|1500||Very detailed visual work|
|750||Detailed visual work; design and drawing work|
|Regular visual work such as work carried out in a factory; monitoring work such as using instrument panels and control panels|
|300||Administrative work carried out in a warehouse|
|200||Control rooms, bathrooms, and places where manual light work is carried out|
|150||Work such as loading, unloading, and shifting loads|
|100||Hallways, corridors, entrances and exits, and warehouses|
|50||Indoor emergency staircases|